Wednesday 14 September 2016

Summer 2016 | Photo Round Up


Hello everyone! It's crazy to think that just like that summer is over with for another year. The past 3 or 4 months have went by so quickly and so much has happened. Now Autumn is practically upon us, it's the time to bring out all the coats and woolly jumpers - I'll probably be seeing pumpkin spice flavoured everything too. Now Autumn is definitely one of my favourite seasons for so many different reasons but I'm pretty sad to say goodbye to Summer '16, especially because we probably won't be seeing the sun again until next Spring...
 
This post is a bit new for me but I thought I'd round up all the things I did this summer which made it fun and special for me. From travelling to different parts of the Mediterranean to getting a job to catching up with family I hadn't seen in years, I thought this summer was brilliant and I can't wait to share it with you.



 
Photo 1 // End of First Year - This photograph was taken the day I had to hand my keys in to the accommodation officer and say goodbye to what I had called home for the past year. It was quite emotional seeing the place so empty and it's going to be weird not being there in September. But the place is filled with so many brilliant memories from my first year at university that I'm going to remember for a very long time!
 
Photo 2 // My Friend's Birthday - For my friend's 19th birthday I travelled out to the countryside to her boyfriends house where we all had a party. It was the first time all of my friends were together for a long time due to work or university and it was so lovely to catch up on what everyone had been doing. We all sat around the fire and had a barbecue while watching the sunset across the field, it was a great start to summer. 
 
Photo 3 // New, Healthy Lifestyle - Since the beginning of this summer I've been trying my hardest to become much healthier and fitter. Now I wouldn't say I was unhealthy as I did enjoy some exercise but I did have a strong sweet tooth and wouldn't say no to some chocolate or doughnuts. But I wanted to make a change. So I bought The Body Coach which is a book filled with quick, healthy recipes that are delicious as well as different exercises you can do wherever. So I started making these meals, I exercised more, I got more sleep and I felt 10x better. And I still do. I still exercise 4 or 5 times a week now and still eat healthily, obviously having the odd chocolate bar on the weekends...
 
Photos 4 & 5 // Holiday to Calpe - So at the beginning of June a couple of my friends and I travelled to the Spanish coastal town of Calpe for a week. It was absolutely beautiful, I couldn't fault the whole trip. From the scenery to the hotel where we stayed, it was stunning and I really didn't want to leave. I wrote a blog post about the trip here if you want to learn more about what we did.   
 
Photo 6 // Robert James began - At the very start of July I decided to set up this blog and it's honestly one of the best thing I've ever done. I didn't think I would enjoy blogging so much. I feel like it's given me so much more confidence especially with everyone on here being so friendly. The photo above is taken from my very first blog post that you can read here - don't judge too much as it was very early days and I didn't really know what I was doing...
 
Photo 7 // My Sister's Graduation - Back in July my sister graduated University with a First Class Honours Degree in Geography and I couldn't be happier for her. She worked so hard in her last year and she deserved it! The day was brilliant - any excuse to wear a suit - but it was a lovely day spent with family at the university and along the North Coast of Ireland.

Photo 8 // St. Georges Market - I visited St Georges Market in Belfast with my parents. I had never been to it before but I absolutely loved trying all the fresh produce and walking around all the stands - I bought so much!

Photo 9 // Catching up with friends - Over the summer it was hard to see my friends all the time as the majority are working different hours to each other. But when I did meet up with them we always did something fun such as going on a road trip to the coast or taking a hike up a mountain. The photo above was snapped inside a cave at the top of Cavehill overlooking the city of Belfast.

Photo 10 // I got a job! - Yes I did it! I got a job! I couldn't be happier after desperately trying for so long. I've been working there for nearly 2 months now and I wouldn't change it for the world!

Photos 11, 12, 13 & 14 // Holiday to Mallorca - This was definitely the highlight of the whole summer for me. Two weeks away in the sun with my family exploring this beautiful island. It doesn't get much better than that. I wrote a blog post highlighting some of the things we got up to including a spectacular trip that I will never forget. So check it out here.

Photo 15 // Reunited! - Two days after returning from Mallorca I found out my Pilipino friend who had been away for over 18 months would be returning back to Northern Ireland. I was so excited and happy to see her again! When we met up we went to Nandos for a bite to eat and she had brought me presents back from the Phillipines which were so cute. The picture above is of us at Belfast City Hall relaxing in the sun - which is quite rare in Northern Ireland...

Photo 16 // Bank Holiday Weekend in Manchester - My family and I travelled to Manchester for the weekend to attend a family wedding. Not only was it amazing to see all of my English family again after so long apart but we also got to explore Manchester and the picturesque town of Wimslow too. I wrote a blog post all about that weekend here.

So there you have it folks, that was my Summer 2016 photo round up. I hope you've enjoyed reminiscing with me. I've had a brilliant time over these last couple of months but now it's time to get the head down as I'll be going back to University for second year in a matter of weeks! That's quite scary as I've still got so much to do before that but I'm looking forward to going back. But what was your summer like? I'd love to hear from you! Drop a comment below or come have a chat with me over on my Twitter, I love talking to new followers. Also don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' and Instagram too.

So until next folks.
Robert

Bloglovin' // Twitter // Instagram

 

2 comments:

  1. I love posts like this, you should definitely do them more often! Looks like you had an absolutely fab summer :-) Good luck with second year, shit gets real now haha!

    Teri-May xx
    http://acupoft.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you, I might just do that :) Oh don't I know, I'm going back tomorrow and I can already imagine the countless trips to the library haha!

    ReplyDelete